Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Starting Solids

So I know everyone now recommends that you wait to start solids until six months, but lately Clayson has been blowing out of his diapers at least once a day and often times more. I've tried different brands and different sizes of diapers and nothing seems to help. A few people have told me that once you start solids it's usually not as bad. Clayson's pediatrician said it's fine if he starts single grain cereal especially since he's such a big boy. I was still planning on waiting til six months, but after he pooped all over three times in about six hours I decided it was time. He did really well. He swallowed more than what ended up on his face. He only took six or seven bites and then he was done, but I thought it was really good for his first time.


4 comments:

  1. Yay for solids, hopefully that helps him and you! He is so cute, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i started ryder at 4 months so, its really depends on the child!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a big boy eating solids like a champ. Hayden has his 4 month apt tomorrow and I am going to ask about solids because he is drinking so much formula like he isn't getting full. I think that i's fine to give them cereal at 4 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently some of the lastest studies suggest you should wait til 6 months to start kids on solids, but they'll probably come out again in a few years and say 4 months again. My doctor says he thinks it's totally fine to start them at 4. I'm kind of lazy and haven't been feeding him consistently but he sure loves eating cereal.

    ReplyDelete