Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Clayson Devan a.k.a. Johnwayne

I'm a little slow posting, but our little man is here! I started having consistent contractions and a lot of back pain at Devan's sister's wedding reception. We went to the hospital at about 2 am the next morning and got checked in after they watched my contractions for an hour. They gave me an epidural as soon as I was checked in, because I was moving along fairly quickly. Well the epidural slowed down my contractions so they ended up starting me on Pitocin and they broke my water around 9 or 10 that morning. I was in labor most the day and started pushing at 7 pm. My epidural started wearing off while pushing and at about 8:30 they realized he was posterior. Needless to say it was not the most fun experience I've ever had. He finally came at 9:23 pm on December 18th. He was a whopping 8 lbs 10 oz (and he was two weeks early). The first thing the doctor said was "this kid's a moose." By that point I had a pretty high fever which I had passed onto him and he wasn't hardly crying so I only got to hold him for a minute before they took him to the nursery to do some tests. Luckily everything turned out alright. They were afraid he was diabetic because he was pretty big for only being 38 weeks gestational age. It turns out he's just a big boy. He shares a birthday with my brother Bronson, my Grandpa Atkinson, and my cousin Hannah. Bronson originally told me if I had him on his birthday he was going to push him back in, but then he changed his mind and said he got to name him. He says his name is Johnwayne... one word. We have more hospital pictures, but I can't get them them to upload. The ones below are the ones my talented little brother Preston took at the hospital. We're already crazy about our little man. He's been such a good baby and we're so blessed to have him.


2 comments:

  1. So cute. We are happy for you!!! Glad everything turned out great!!! all i have to say is enjoy your sleep!!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the proud daddy! So fun! He is adorable. I hope I can meet him sometime soon! Hope recovery is going well and you are enjoying motherhood :)

    ReplyDelete