Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Truck Derby

Devan did a Truck Derby back in September. Something is wrong with our computer and I haven't been able to load pictures on here so sorry it's taken forever.
So here's the truck.. I was kind of sad to see it get turned into a derby truck. I love old trucks and we only paid 100 bucks for it. I kind of just wanted to fix it up and keep it, but we had a lot of fun at the Derby so I think it was worth it. Oh and I almost forgot to mention that I was on the pit crew. I know that's kind of scary... The truck is a stick and one of the times he got hit he was shifting and it messed up the clutch. When we were working on it after the first round my job was to climb in the truck and try to start it to see if the clutch was engaging. They have to weld the doors shut so my big, pregnant self had to repeatedly climb in and out of the back window. I'm sure it was quite the sight. Luckily I only got stuck once and it was kind of dark then so I don't think too many people saw.

Here's a picture of the actual derby. He got a few good hits in before his clutch got messed up. We thought we had it fixed in time for the last round, but then we couldn't get it to start. He knows what he needs to do to get it running better so we'll probably be back up at the Logan truck Derby again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment